- Z/28 undergoes 10 hours or 1,000 miles of testing at Nordschleife
- Fastest lap completed in 7:37.40 in rainy conditions
In terms of lap times, the Z/28’s improved speed came from three areas:
- Increased grip: The Z/28 is capable of 1.08 g in cornering acceleration, due to comprehensive chassis revisions
- Increased stopping power: The Z/28 features Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes capable of 1.5 g in deceleration, and consistent brake feel lap after lap
- Reduced curb weight: The naturally aspirated Z/28 weighs 300 pounds less than the supercharged Camaro ZL1, with changes ranging from lightweight wheels to thinner rear-window glass.
|Image source: media.GM.com|